Enhancing Your Career
Upon entering the Executive MBA program, participants are typically at a "pivot point" in their careers. All of them are accomplished professionals with successful track records. Some are happy with their career path, but know they need a more robust skill set to take their careers to the next level. Others come into the program with the prospect of changing careers. This group may not have a clear direction in mind; they use the insights gained in the program to change the arch of their career. Others don't want to move up in their organization or transition to another; they want to move out and position themselves to succeed in starting their own entrepreneurial venture.
For all, the LMU experience is a time of personal reflection and exploration. Professional development is an integral part of LMU's Executive MBA experience.
Find Your Purpose and Meaning
Executives are most effective when their work is well-aligned with their personal values and core competencies. Toward this goal, throughout the LMU Executive MBA program, students undertake a personal journey of introspection and reflection. Through formal professional development courses, students gain clarity regarding their core values, priorities and competencies:
- What are my core values? What do I value most?
- What are my work-life balance priorities?
- What kind of work energizes me? Provides intrinsic rewards? What do I feel passionate about?
- What are my core competencies?
- What contribution do I want to make above and beyond my own self-interests?
The insights gained help students to align their career goals and life's work with what's truly important to them and their competencies. These courses are supplemented by:
- Coaches and Mentors: Each student works with an executive coach and an alumni mentor. Students meet one-on-one with their coach and mentor to help assess their career goals, options and development strategies, and help identify networking opportunities.
- Assessment Tools: Individual assessment tools are used to help students identify their personal strengths and competencies.
Career and Professional Development
LMU Executive MBA students have full access to resources and events organized and supported by the College of Business Administration and Career and Professional Development.